Sunday, November 17, 2002

Best Quote I Heard All Day
"I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."-- A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

Indeed. This week at work looks like I will need to write faster and better. Ten manuals, no waiting. And no knitting, methinks.

My Favorite Knitting Malapropisms
Well, maybe "Misspellings" is more appropriate. That's right, kids. You can't make this shit up. Loopy and I have been reading the knitting lists for years and we're constantly amazed at the stunning ignorance and sloppiness of some knitters when they write about knitting. To whit:

:: Fair Aisle
:: Varugated
:: Guage
:: Dying

I'm sure more will come to me but these are our favorites. If you've got some of your own, feel free to add a comment.

Thus Sprach Loop:
"Attention shoppers: Hand knit sweaters...aisle 1!
Spelling lessons...Isle of Fair!"

And Let's Not Forget...
The one question I read on the Knit List several years ago that left me speechless--

:: How do you make a slip knot?

Some people really should just take up hang-gliding or marathon napping...anything other than sticks 'n' strings.

I'm thinking that my new motto should be: Instructare utque offendare

How excruciatingly rare...albeit ever so handy!

No comments: