Thursday, January 03, 2008

Kiss My German Ass

Best Quote I Heard All Day
Whenever the literary German dives into a sentence, that is the last you are going to see of him until he emerges on the other side of his Atlantic with his verb in his mouth--Mark Twain

Ich bin eine Amerikanische Schlampe.

A dollah-three-eighty for anyone who can successfully translate that phrase. (All Germans must recuse themselves.) I thought it apropos to begin the first entry of the new year with a language quiz.

Open Mic Thursday
Well, of course, Neal and I both forgot what the fuck his topic was. However, knowing him as well as I do, I can think of a topic that would titillate. (Isn't that a wonderful word?)

So here's something to weigh in on:

What's your opinion on wearing skanky lingerie in the bedroom? Do ya do it? Would you admit it publicly? And how many of you have shown your partner Joan M-M's knitted lingerie (and bought the kit)?

I'll leave it to you to guess where I stand on this topic. I'm sure you know.

More Moving Angst
Still not done. This is the agony that does not seem to be followed by any ecstasy. I moved Cleo today. She rode the 43 miles in great dignity, crammed into the cat carrier. Almost no whining, as long as I drove with one hand and stuck a finger through the grille to comfort her.

She is now ensconced in E'burg, with her food, her litter, and me. She made herself quite to home.

This is a short entry for today. I need some coffee, along with a nap. However, with my bookcases available, I need to put away books. Why the fuck did I ever buy so many books? Rhetorical question, of course. This rare and handy life cannot exist without the prerequisite tomes right at hand. More on Sunday. If I survive the furniture move on Saturday.

No comments: