Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Back to Blog!

Best Quote I Heard All Day
“Now I know the things I know, and I do the things I do; and if you do not like me so, to hell, my love, with you!”--Dorothy Parker

I'M BACK PALS!


Sadly, it's been 6 months since I've written here, back in December 30. As of this month, on the 25th,  the the blog will be 13 years old. One of my friends who was a big blogger stopped writing because he said he had nothing left to write. And that's how I was feeling.

So WTF do I have to write about now??? I'm back to writing and designing a second knitting book. Yeah, it's :Sock It To You!" with a bunch of chapters: Lace, Fair Isle, Multicolor, Texture, and a few more that I haven't yet determined. Up on Facebook I've inserted a few of the sock designs and my friends loved them.

I don't just write directions but include hints for the knitters. Here's a picture of one.
Just a little tip for the readers...you can't insert your counter on the double-pointed needles or on a circular needle if you do Magic Loop Technique. Using a locking stitch marker...here's the link for you, on Amazon. Just hook the circular stitch counter to the bottom initially. 

I have a counter app on my iPhone, Knit Counter Lite, Cordless Dog. I only use this counter when creating the heel flap.

So here's on of the book designs at it's beginning. It's named..."Chevron Chase Socks." Yeah, a pun. Chevy Chase. Heh.
 Years ago I bought the Signature Needle Arts double-pointed needles.  Hugely expensive. They are now $47. When knitting the sock designs, I tend to do Magic Loop but am lately going back to double-pointed needles. Here are my lovely Signature Needle Arts #2.
Well, finished writing now. But I am going to blog frequently again. I just read my first blog post. A review..."The Fall 2002 Vogue Knitting." I am not a curmudgeon as much as I was back in 2002. Vogue Knitting magazine is much nicer now. Obviously I don't buy knitting magazines because I design what ever I want. Having Trisha Malcolm as the editor has greatly improved the mag. 
Yes, miss being a knitting editor. I have done some freelance knitting technical editing and would love to do that full-time job. Am going to design a website for my talents. LOL!!! My little knitting business is Fiberality Designs.

So that's it now. Have missed you,Tonstant Weaders.

6 comments:

Jan Seymour-Ford said...

Missed you! Welcome back, skank!

Unknown said...

Glad you read me again, dear skank!

Anonymous said...

Missed you indeed! Will be watching for updates. Your knowledge and humor are indeed rare and handy. ChelleC

Unknown said...

Thanks! Am so happy that my writing ass is movin' and groovin' again. Love my readers.

Anonymous said...

Missed you too, Mar! Glad you're back.

Elaine in NYC

Gisella said...

I really love double pointed needles too. They are somehow more sturdy and make splitting stitches easier, you know: into thirds or quarters of the round. I also love them for any cabled bits in socks - in case you have to lean on the tip to push the stitches along. Or maybe that's a sign that I was knitting too tightly...

Welcome back!