Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Yarn Shops...Addiction!!

Best Quote I Heard All Day

Substitute 'damn' every time you're inclined to write 'very'; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.--Mark Twain

Going to yarn shops is damn fun! Mark Twain is my beloved author...reading his "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" when I was 10 years old and kept reading his books. So this post is about my favorite yarn shops...addiction, for sure.

But my designing recently included my darling nephew Nicholas. Here's Auntie Marilyn's cap!
Making one for his brother Alex too. Grandson Ian will get a cap too, as soon as I measure his head. HA! !!

My Favorite New Jersey Yarn Shop

Obviously I go to my state yarn joints, primarily Trillium Yarns, which was located in Morristown on Route 202, away from the town's center. The shop was in the right side of the building. Beverly moved the shop into the town center, 4 Cattano Avenue, near the Morristown Green and the courthouse too.
The store carries many top yarns: Blue Sky Alpacas, Koigu, Manos del Uruguay, Rowan, Spud and Chloe, Lobster Pot Yarns, Malagrigo, Zitron, and more. 

My Favorite Pennsylvania Yarn Shop and others


Mountain Knits and Pearls, up in East Stroudsburg, is beloved. The owner, Joanne, has a huge pile of yarn brands. I go up there constantly, a 30 mile drive...well worth it. Mountain Knits and Pearls also carries beads and jewelry supplies too. Here's a picture of the shop:

Yeah, took the picture from my car. 
There are other yarn shops in PA that I want to hit. The one in Bethlehem, The Knitter's Edge, has big hot reviews. 
I also go to Twist Knitting & Spinning down in Lahaska PA, in Bucks County. Love New Hope and recently saw Joe Wilcox, QueerJoe, at Twist. Twist carries wonderful stuff! Lots of top yarn brands, spinning wheels and fibers, and terrific knitting tools. My daughter Jennifer and I love to go to New Hope, having lunch and shopping. But going to Twist is a must.

New York City Favorite Yarn Shops

Been to all of them but recently went to Knitty Citty
There are a lot of shops in NYC, to which I have been. And love taking friend on a yarn shop crawl in the city. If you want me to take you, will. Here's a CBS list of the top 5 knitting shops.

So skanks, if you have yarns shops in your state, leave a comment here. I have thought that I may write a Yarn Shop Directory that I would put up on Ravelry. 

Next post will be next week, I hope. Gotta keep the blog movin' and groovin' Tontstant Weaders,

2 comments:

Kate said...

Webs in Northhampton, MA, Coveted Yarns in Gloucester, MA, and the Woolpack in Acton, MA. All of these are different, but unique yarn shops.

Unknown said...

Been to WEBS many times when in Massachusetts. On my way to Vermont this summer, driving there on I91, stopped at WEBS and bought a pile of yarns.