Monday, June 09, 2008

Grounded

Best Quote I Heard All Day
I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.--Oscar Wilde

This is my diary, I suppose. Anyway, just a quick entry before I hit the sack.

I will no longer have to travel. I had a feeling this would happen. It's ridiculous for the company to pay the cost of airfare or mileage, a hotel room, parking fees, a rental car when needed, plus a $45 per diem for food, when I am training clients for 4 hours, tops. And these "clients" are using our system on a trial basis for 60 days, free of charge. So it's a crap shoot. If they don't sign a contract with us at the end of the pilot period, my company has to eat the costs.

I'll be doing the training via Webex, a web conferencing provider. I prefer LiveMeeting, for those of you familiar with this stuff.

And I'm going to insist on working remotely for at least 3 days per week. With a 43-mile drive just to catch the train to Jersey City, I can't afford the gas every day.

The point of all of this is...more time to write my blogs. And knit and spin. Although you do get a ton of work done on a plane. But that's just the rationalization I was using to make myself feel better, I guess.

Stress ain't rare and handy. It's good to be back in the Land of the Living. Finally.

No comments: