Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rock On to Rhinebeck

Best Quote I Heard All Day
A friend is one before whom I may think aloud--Ralph Waldo Emerson

I suppose I have a lot of friends because I frequently think out loud in front of an awful lot of people.

Certainly, this blog is an exercise in thinking out loud.

So, it's late, I've been traveling, working, and ready to get my ass to Rhinebeck. There's been little opportunity in the past two weeks to write anything other than technical shit, as well as a Request for Proposal, some ad copy, and bug reports because our software sucks.

I have little patience for people who have a fucking la-di-da attitude about their work.

But the sun is rising on my little world. I'm going to see my Wolvies on Saturday! I last saw Carol and Franklin in April, at Franklin's photo shoot down in Kennett Square, PA. Haven't seen Joe since last November. And Lisa McNulty, the unsung but fabulous Wolvie, will be there too.

Then there's my beloved Ted, Lars the best Norsky Bear in the World, Dr. Mel and his David, and a host of other people I know, like B.J., Alice, Fredda, and others about whom I'm having a Florida moment.

The one person I will truly miss this year will be Lee Ann. She's not coming, much to my great sadness. Dude, you'll be in my thoughts.

Now hear this (former Navy wife talking): Do not be afraid to come up to me and say hello. It saddens me when readers get all weirded out about approaching me. What, do you think I'm going to have you for breakfast? Nah, I love meeting you guys. Just yell out my name and I'll respond. With a smile. Promise. In case you've forgotten what I look like, here's my mug.




This was taken last year at Rhinebeck (that's Mel with his arm around me).

See you all Saturday. And for those who can't make it, I'll be putting up plenty of pictures Sunday night.

Yes, I did finish the Princess jacket. Pictures of that forthcoming, too. The sleeves were very rare and not particularly handy but I made them work. You'll see.

No comments: