Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Knitting Curmudgeon's Blog Year 13!

Best Quote I Heard All Day

"Be always at War with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each New Year find you, a better person." - Benjamin Franklin

Yeah, Ben, my beloved historical guy. And am so happy that I've been writing this blog since 2002. The Knitting Curmudgeon existed before then. Back in 1997, I created an AOL Member website called "The Knitting Curmudgeon" and many KnitList people read it. But when Google created Blogger, that was perfect for The Knitting Curmudgeon. The website was nice but Blogger was much easier for adding posts.

2015 is a major year for me but those of you who know me, know my age. Ain't writing it publicly.

Fibreality Designs Happening

Yes, busy designing and editing my directions. As I once wrote here, you can edit your own directions if you don't edit them immediately, waiting a week so your writing hits your eyes as new.

Here's my latest sock design, Ant Eggs Socks. Yes, I took the picture on my foot, using my iPhone.


Ant Eggs is the pattern title. I found it on my "Mon Tricot Knitting Encyclopedia 1500 Patterns" book. Yes, an oldie. Was published in 1984 and I still have it. Back then, Mon Tricot magazines were my thrills. The French created wonderful knitting designs and that's where I first saw a pattern that contained short rowing. I was shocked! NO!!! You don't knit and then turn back halfway through the row! Well, I did it anyhow. And discovered that the French had created a wedge method. Heh.

A short blog entry today, due to holiday happenings. So darling readers, have a wonderful New Year Evening tomorrow night. I'm gonna be home, alone, just knitting and watching a movie via Netflix.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, gang!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey no fair...my Mon Tricot only has 1300 !


marie stanley

Unknown said...

That's the first issue, Marie. I have that one too. Wonderful issues!