Sunday, June 27, 2004

Best Quote I Heard All Day
The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.--Robert Frost

That's where I've been. Working. Hard. But very happy at the new job. Just wish I had had a little more time last week to write and knit.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
I really have absolutely nothing exciting to write about. How's that for cruel honesty? I had planned on taking a trip down to Simply Knit for the sale but realized that A) I have no extra money to spend on yarn right now and B) what's a stash for, anyway?

I spent today at the lake, catching up with Mama and getting some knitting done...and then segued to the pool at 4:30 for a quick swim. Such is the state of my life right now.

However. Joe has really inspired me to get some spinning done. Hopefully, with the long weekend coming up, I will at least get a bit of that done, as well as start planning out those beaded socks that seem to horrify certain readers (Kathy).

Stitches East Redux
I did find last year's guide to Stitches East in my rather haphazard cleaning up the other day. Odd that I missed so much last year--Goddess Yarns were there, as were several other booths of interest that I should have checked out and did not. I'm hanging onto this booklet so that I can better pinpoint good stuff. Despite my mother's admonition that "if you haven't used it in a year, throw it out," she admitted that for once, it was a good thing I didn't listen to her.

Of course, the number of times I have not listened to Elly are legion. And she knows that. But we don't discuss it. You know how that goes.

I'll write more later this week, when I have a chance to take some pictures and decorate this seemingly bare and forlorn little blog. In the meanwhile, it's off I go, ready for Monday so I can be my rarest and handiest.

Right.

No comments: