Monday, March 12, 2007

Alert the Media
I just found out that Eunny Jang has been named the new editor of Interweave Knits. An inspired choice. Read about it here.

One of the reasons that it makes sense is that Eunny not only has the technical knitting knowledge but a solid sense of what comprises good design.

I would be sorry to see her blog go away. It is a repository of excellent info and interesting knitting projects. I don't know if she'll be able to continue. It would seem to be a conflict of interest, for one thing. For another, how the hell she'd ever have the time to do both is beyond me. But stranger things have happened.

IK has had its ups and downs but it remains the most viable of all the mags. I haven't always found each issue to be particularly appealing. Nonetheless, I've stuck with it since its inception because I've felt that the staff cares enormously about the kind of articles and projects they publish. And they care about their readers. Which is more than I can say for the rest of the garbage magazines out there.

No comments: