Friday, November 18, 2005

Best Quote I Heard All Day
We do what we must, and call it by the best names. --Ralph Waldo Emerson


Joy the Joy wheel, Bobby the bobbin and Conehead the cone all admire Louella the loom.
(Windy Balls, Swifty Skein and Shocky the Schacht wheel not available due to scheduling conflicts.)

Sorry, uncontrollable fit of sarcasm. Must have been the oysters I had for dinner last night.

Naming inanimate objects. Please explain. The only names I've ever bestowed on anyone or anything were my kids and my cats. If I get reasoned responses I will have a contest to name something of mine. What that something is, I'll leave to you.

Why I don't knit for animals


I don't own a dog. If I did, I wouldn't knit for it either. Unless it begged heavily. Yeah, I know. Little dogs need protection from the cold.

This isn't a little dog, just an overdressed one. In a hideous yarn. Although the color's good on the dog, I must say.

If I knit something for Cleo, she'd probably shit on the bedroom carpet as retaliation. Buddy would wear it but he wears a size 4T. Never knit for an animal that which would fit a child.

No Knitting, Spinning, Weaving
Nothing this week at all, other than a few rows on John's Touch Me scarf while watching TV. I've spent the entire week working on the chapter of the book that deals with books. Which means constant cross-checking of titles, spelling of authors' names, date of publication and all that good shit.

I'm also trying to catalog my entire fiber book collection (sans magazines) for the bibiography, which is a huge chore but something that I should have done years ago. I'm going to put the catalog into an Access database, make it available on the blog and keep it updated. Those of you familiar with Access will be able to modify it to your needs as well.

Sometimes I wonder why I bought some of the books I own. For example, where did the Popeye knitting book come from? I honestly don't recall buying it. The only explanation is that it was a gift from someone. Probably my sister. Or one of the kids.

I bet it'd be worth a lot on eBay.

Short entry today. I wasn't even going to write anything but because I'm in a "pissy mood," as Joe calls it, where better to spew my phlegm than on the blog?

After all, it's a rare and handy thing when you can be pissy in public. I do so enjoy that.

No comments: