Wednesday, November 06, 2002

Best Quote I Heard All Day
Democracy encourages the majority to decide things about which the majority is ignorant of.

If Dubya were a knitter, I'd have to lump him in with the KnitDweebs...

And Here's Another One...
Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence. --Manly's Maxim

And after wrestling for the better part of 2 days trying to get SQL data to rock steady in an Excel file...I know this saying to be true. God knows it's true of knitting, innit?

Vague Winter 2003
Feh. Double feh. I am no longer wasting money on magazines. I was so underwhelmed by this issue that I am just going to stick to my J&S book, my Starmore-ever-in-the-making, and my own designs. The cover was nice, though...liked the hat--hated the sweaters, by and large. I guess they're fine for the HYUKs that the magazines seem to cater to these days.

And I am a funky traditionalist, I do believe.

I love funk...but it has to be done right and with a soupcon of whimsy. Or a large tureen.

November's Bizarro Link of the Month
Do check it out...it's what I like to call The Toboggan of Death Game. Lots of fun, well-done Flash entertainment. See if you can get the toboggan team through the Ring of Fire without crisping them all...and enjoy Gunter Schnell, one of the commentators.

Knitting? Nah...
I'm still plodding away on the Oceania cardi. The byproduct of my surgery seems to be shooting pains into my little finger and wrist when least expected, so I haven't been doing much knitting or much writing, other than work writing. The good news is, I'm getting feeling back into my hand, so clearly the surgery was successful. But the recovery will be longer than I thought, evidently.

But I slog onward, eyeballing Koigu and lace-weight Cherry Tree Hill suri alpaca on my shelf...and perhaps, a pair of Baby Cashmerino socks in blue for someone if he's good.

How utterly, utterly rare...and more handy by the day.


No comments: