Thursday, November 14, 2002

Best Quote I Heard All Day
"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you." --Rita Mae Brown

It's not me, it's not Mary, it's not AnnMarie...so it must be Loopy.

Five Socks a'Gusseting, Four Addi Turbos...
Here's why I never make people knitted Christmas gifts. Because I will never finish anything in time for Christmas and it's bad enough trying to get everything else done without the added pressure of making crap that no one wants and that I don't want to make.

I will gift special people when the whim strikes me. I gave a friend of mine a beautiful royal blue mohair tam for he 50th birthday. I'm making Ma a pair of socks on the QT because she refuses to make socks (her last attempt in 1955 was a pair of Argyles for my father--that done did her in). I'm making Achim his socks. None of these people were promised anything. It's always a surprise.

And none of these gifts are for Christmas. They're just because I only knit for the people I love. When I want.

And I don't bake, either. I let my kids do that.

I tell the kids, "When come back, bring pie." They get it.

No comments: