Sunday, December 15, 2002

Best Quote I Heard All Day
There are only two sentences you need to remember to survive in life:

~I have no recollection of the events in question.
~The cat did it.


Milo, j'accuse! Dumb shit cat...eats yarn, plays with my Christmas lights, weighs 28 lbs., is my best friend at 3 a.m.

Sheesh.

Sprucing Up The Blog For Christmas
I was going to turn it all red and green but when I did the prototype, it was so friggin' ugly I settled for the cutesy animated .gif and the Bach.

I like Bach. If you don't, you know what you can do, right? Yep. Bitez-moi.

I'll change the music to suit my whim because it's my blog. Heh.

Some Fetid Observations to Pressing KnitList Questions
1. There is no right or wrong way to knit. As Descartes said..."I knit, therefore I is." This whole argument about whether or not southpaws should learn to knit with a mirror or what's the right/wrong way is total garbage. When WILL they talk about knitting?

2. Stop with the professions. No one cares. None of it has anything to do with knitting.

3. Now the thread is Compliments I Have Received From People Who Haven't the Vaguest Idea of What it is I Make.
I suppose Happy Dances are no longer enough...

Taking Finishing Into My Own Hands
So the Oceania cardi isn't quite done but I have already decided that I will NOT do garter stitch buttonbands and collar. I saw my mother's finished effort (you know Elly always makes what I do--it's inevitable) and it was meager, at best. Plus the pick-up seemed to me to be too much. I've decided to add a crocheted picot edging and make one large Sculpey button, rather than to mess with sagging buttonbands. The yarn is delicate enough so that a crocheted edging would be appropriate.

Not that I'm a huge proponent of crocheted finishing. How some ever. On cottons and certain lightweight wools, it works well.

Let the punishment fit the crime. That's the byword of successful finishing, IMO.

Of course, it's a given that you know what the hell you're doing. And so many don't.

Rare? But of course!

No comments: