Thursday, June 26, 2003

Best Quote I Heard All Day
"I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex."
--Oscar Wilde


Sitting and knitting in 90+ degree heat is simply simpleminded...so I do it anyway.

Complexity be damned. It's time for stoopid knitting. Four pairs of socks done, one on the needles.

Stop me now.

Reading On The KnitList
After letting 380 or posts build up in my mailbox because I haven't had the time or the energy to scan any of the lists, here are the latest threads for those of you who are even less energized than I:

. . . Chirstmas. Ok, own up, how many have finished knitting
projects for Christmas??


If I weren't sweating, I'd almost be amused. And this is a post from a KLister from way back in '97. But then, I didn't think a whole lot of her or her cat back then either.

How many of us feel guilty when we are knitting? Do you think of all the
chores and home repair projects you should be doing? I know I do!!


Shucky darns, and I forgot to iron the placemats because I was busy knitting a lace refrigerator edging. And the cat fell into the toilet.

Prayerful Knitting
Huh? I pray that I don't fuck up my knitting. Sometimes. Jeez, let me get out that knitted altar cloth, light some candles, and pray to Jesus. He'll know what I should knit. Maybe a warshcloth of Him. If I get to it.

YTWND
I believe this lovely abbreviation stands for Yarn That Would Not Die. We loves them abbreviations/acronyms, we shorely do. Not that many on the KList probably know the diff.

You do. I do.

Vacation
Time to take a break. I'll be posting one more time this weekend and then I'll be taking a rest from blogging from 7/3 through 7/7 or so. Get your Warshcloths of Turin done while I'm away.

Believe it or not, it's not always easy writing two blog entries a week. And keeping you interested as well as me.

AND a Birthday
No, not mine. The blog's. The Knitting Curmudgeon blog will be one year old on the 12 of July. Seems hard to believe that I've been doing this a year, not counting the old website back in 97-98.

So I promise I'll think of some absolutely obnoxious celebratory crap to do in honor of the occasion. As Krys, our Polish network engineer at work says, "Eet's sheetycrap."

Yes, it will be. A "sheetycrap" celebration. I do love that word and Krys has such a charming accent.

It's a rare and handy world we live in. I'm waiting for the WMDs...there may be some in my backyard.

No comments: