Sunday, June 29, 2003

Best Quote I Heard All Day

"The Wagon Queen Family Truckster. You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it." --Clark Griswald


Curmudge on VACATION
I'll be off for a bit. Won't be posting again until July 7th. Lots of knitting, lots of swimming at Mt. Hope Pond, driving around in my little Neon, no blogging.

Shroud of Turin Knitalong

Annie did such a nifty job on this animated .gif! Thanks, sweetie!

So in preparation for some quality knitting time, I bought some blue and white Cotton N Cream for this yesterday at WalMart. Why they didn't have Kitchen Cotton is a mystery. I'll be knitting mine while on vacation this week.

Of course, I've got 18 balls of magenta Bliss Cotton and Silk that I really should swatch and work up into a short-sleeved cardi for work.

But the Shroud of Turin Warshcloth appeals. Far more than most anything, other than socks.

Katherine Hepburn
I just heard on the radio that Katherine Hepburn died. When I was 18, I saw The Lion In Winter and from thereon in I was totally amazed and inspired not only by her incredible acting but her philosophy of life.

She made me realize that being a free-spirited, independent, intelligent woman was the stuff of my life too. Along with Dorothy Parker and John Lennon, my writing inspirations, Katherine Hepburn will forever be the standard towards which I work.

"If you play by the rules, you miss all the fun." She was so right.

Have a rare and handy 4th, all of you!

No comments: