Monday, October 27, 2003

Best Quote I Heard All Day
Life is full of loneliness, misery, suffering, and unhappiness - and it's all over much too quickly.
--Woody Allen, "Annie Hall"


La-di-da, la-di-da, la-di-da.

I'm in an Annie Hall frame of mind today.

Around the Lists in 80 Nanoseconds
Mmmm...hot topics abound. Have we read these before? Sure, we have.

On the Knit List:
:: Cat Urine--what to do when the cat pees on your stuff. At the risk of offending cat owners, I'd say either take the cat to the vet because the damned thing has a urinary tract infection OR don't have a cat.

:: Seed v. Moss Stitches--a rose by any other name, eh? Why debate the difference? Well, because some people call Seed stitch Moss stitch, and vicey versey. However, this discussion is worth about 1 second of your time...and mine.

On the Knit U List:
:: Carpal Tunnel--yep, it's rearing its ugly head again. I rather expect that not unlike an infectious disease, it will spread elsewhere. Here's the thing about Carpal Tunnel. A lot of people have it. I have it. I have friends who have it.

There's a ton of info out there on Carpal Tunnel. So shut the fuck up about it already.

On the Socknitters List:
Nothing. Unless you count yet another discussion of the virtues of Kroy, Regia, whatever.


Teeny Tiny Stupid Knitting
It's always comforting to know that someone, somewhere, is knitting something even more bizarre than, say, curricles and tea cups. The Socknitters were gasping with shock and awe over this site, Bug Knits.

I must admit, I have terrible eyesight and perhaps subconsciously I envy this miniaturist. I love miniatures. But I'm not sure that I would be bothered with this shit. If you do dollhouses, you might want a knitted miniature sweater or something.

But I imagine you could decorate your dollhouse without it.

Word Up, Chin Up
I generally don't write too much about other people's blogs, since I do have the wee listie to the left of the page of what I read, when I have the time. But this blog I just have to promote, despite its one-trick-pony scheme. Go read Down with the Chin.

You'll be amused.

And now, it's time to face the rain and drive home to be rare and handy with John. He's partly the reason I've been lax in posting. So bite him. He'd love it.

No comments: