Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Best Quote I Heard All Day
Most women are introspective: "Am I in love? Am I emotionally and creatively fulfilled?" Most men are outrospective: "Did my team win? How's my car?"--Rita Rudner

I must be inwardly outrospective. I've asked myself all those questions at one time or another, some of them in the past two weeks.

Yes, the Neon has trans "issues."

Go Yanks. That's all I have to say about that. It's October and it's baseball, so bite me. There's more than just Stitches going on in my life right now.

EZ KNTNG
You know, for a beginner's mag, this is really the best one. I don't know why I keep buying it but it usually has one design that I would almost consider making.

Knitter's, IK, and Vague should leave the beginner shit to Easy Knitting, who does it ever so much better.

Jamieson's 3
I don't think this was as strong an issue as the first two. Nonetheless, it's far and away a better investment than any other book I've seen recently.

Frankly, I'm tired of modular garter stitch shit and there was one of them there types in J3. But two spectacular Fair Isles (not as many colors as I like but still striking), a nice lace shawl, and some cabled affairs were enough to balance out the so-so.

And two day/night pullovers worked in 3 strands of the Jamieson Spindrift that blew my mind. The 3 strands are worked ABB, BCC, etc. so that there is a subtle shading that is incredible. Add to that a nifty Guernsey-style patterning and these two sweaters justify the price of the book, in my opinion. Buy it, you'll like it.

On the Boardwalk
I have my digital camera ready for Friday because oooh baby baby it's time for Stitches Market. Fuck the classes. Anyone wanna make book on whether the XMen confiscate my camera and throw me out on my ass?

There will be a meeting of the Faithful at the Simply Knit booth on Friday at 11 a.m. QueerJoe, Kathy, Carol S. and me and whoever else shows up. Oh, and I'm bringing Elly with me. She has her list. I have mine. I promise you I will do a montage of scary photos and post on Saturday or Sunday.

New Musica
This entry's pick is The Dixie Chicks. I like them--good voices, excellent musicianship. This song, Cowboy Take Me Away, and all that I choose for the blog always reflect how I'm feeling when I write. Writing is music to me...Cowboy, take me away. Yes.

Sorry I had to take down the Emmylou Harris but seriously, even I was getting sick of hearing it.

By the way, Bette Midler has just released a Rosemary Clooney songbook CD. Come on-a My House. Great song. And Sisters, from White Christmas. My sissyboo Karen and I sing that one together on occasion. But not for public consumption.

Karen's husband Jim also contributed this month's Bizarro Link. Just so you know. He's a bon vivant raconteur and man-about-the-saltwater-tank. I just talked to him immediately after he was stung by his pet sea urchin. Our whole family is rare and handy.

New and Improved
For those of you who follow my adventures, here's the latest. Seeing a new guy. Very cute, very sexy, very smart. Very into the same things I am. No, he does not knit. Yes, he has read the blog. Yes, I've met my match, trust me. I like him lots.

As Colin Quinn says, "That's my story and I'm sticking to it." Don't ask me anything else. All will be revealed in time, O nosy ones.

I don't let any grass grow under my fucking feet.

It's my way of being rare and handy, dontcha know?

No comments: