Monday, October 24, 2005

Best Quote I Heard All Day
We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans.--George W. Bush

Oh no?

Can you spell "cabal"? I knew you couldn't.

And dyslexia does not excuse incompetence, in my book.

Shrub has pages and pages on ThinkExist.com, one of my sources for quotations. If you enjoy becoming even more frightened, read some of his pithy sayings.

Hairloom for Corinne
(See? Dyslexia is contagious.)

Every so often, when you have adult children, you still get what I call "Mommy requests." As in, "Mommy, will you make this for me?"

Two weeks ago, as I was idly perusing Heirloom Knitting, Corinne happened to walk by and glance at the screen. "You could make me one of those for my wedding." (She'll be marrying her long-time boyfriend Mike next May in Williamsburg, VA.)

OK. I haven't made Corinne a sweater since she was in high school, so I figured, why not? Here's what Corinne chose, after dismissing the Wedding Ring shawl as looking too much like a tablecloth. The picture below is a bit small, so go to the link for more details.

I got the pattern last week. And let me tell you, it was worth every penny. Not only is it a beautiful shawl but the directions and charts are incredibly well done. Twelve pages. Unbelieveable. Sharon Miller holds your hand throughout the entire project.

This is not to say that it is for novice lace knitters. It is not for the faint of heart or nervous of needles. This is big-time knitting.

After talking Corinne out of stark white, she chose JaggerSpun Zephyr in Ice Blue.

I ordered it from WEBS and it came on Friday. It's actually a bit darker in real life than it appears in the picture. And of course, I started swatching this weekend. Stay tuned for further developments. I'm going to have to work on one of the motifs until I get it.

Like I said, this ain't easy.

Blog News
I rearranged the sidebar last night so that the archives appear last. The whole sidebar thing had been irritating me for some time.

I also added an RSS feed link, for those of you who prefer doing that--click on the Feedburner button. If you don't know what RSS is, read this. And you can now subscribe to this blog via e-mail.

Very rare and handy, this technology. Never let it be said that I don't keep up with the times.

No comments: