Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Best Quote I Heard All Day
I'm not going to be caught around here for any fool celebration. To hell with birthdays!--Norman Rockwell



I generally don't care much for Knit Lit, as it's known. I don't buy those books, I find them endlessly boring and yet--one day a year or two ago, I sat down to write and a story came out. I don't know why or where it came from.

It's called April 25 and I'm publishing it for the first time. A few people have read it and I was hoping to record it for Brenda Dayne's podcast but I couldn't, for two reasons. First, I can't seem to get the recording software to run properly and second, I have a very difficult time reading it aloud. If you read it, you will understand.

This is arguably the most personal piece I have ever written and I doubt I will ever write one like it again.

Because I don't wear my heart on my sleeve, as a rule.

But when you're 56 today, you do say "fuck it."

No comments: