Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Best Quote I Heard All Day

Do we not wile away moments of inanity or fatigued waiting by repeating some trivial movement or sound, until the repetition has bred a want, which is incipient habit?--George Eliot

Yeah, I knit.

Spring Break
I am fresh out of bon mots.

Every so often, I lose interest in writing. After this weekend, due to some trivial disappointments du coeur, I just got tired and didn't feel much like writing the blog either today or yesterday.

Couldn't think of a damned thing for Open Mike Tuesday. In fact, I rather forgot it was Tuesday until about a half-hour ago.

I suppose that writing for a living, which has lately included writing inane scripts for video tutorials, sucks a lot out of my imagination, let alone my general energy level. Be that as it may, I've managed to secure a lucrative freelance gig, which will greatly add to the coffers. And at least, it's editing and rewrites, which are both far easier tasks than writing from scratch.

But the freelance work means adding several extra hours after my normal work hours. And even though I work from home, work is work.

So, there'll be a slight break this week. I am working on two knitting projects that will merit photos but at this point, that will have to wait until I have the wherewithal to get my ass in gear.

Girls just want to have rare and handy fun. I'm waiting.

No comments: