Thursday, August 02, 2007

Best Quote I Heard All Day
No man who is in a hurry is quite civilized--Will Durant

I guess that would make me somewhat Neanderthal because I'm writing this entry in a hot NY minute.

No time. No peace. No vacation. Yet. If at all. Jesus.

So welcome to the Quik 'n' EZ KC because it's after midnight and I am into New York City tomorrow early for a workshop that my company is holding. I'm there to audit and to talk to clients. A thrill a minute.

Magenta Diamonds
Despite the insanity of the past two weeks, I've managed to get a huge amount done on this project.
Sorry for the crapola picture but it's still on the needles and I took this around 7 p.m. last night, after jumping into the pool. We're having a heat wave here in NJ this week.

One more pattern repeat and then comes the top edging. And it's done. I should have it finished and hopefully blocked by this weekend.

Amazing how much you can knit during endless conference calls with your new boss, whom I have named Pepe LePew. For reasons I won't explain. He's a fucktard.

Afternoon Deelite
At least yesterday, I had a few hours with Kristin Nicholas, who was down in my (and formerly her) neck of the woods. K brought me a lovely bouquet of flowers from her mother's garden, we sat and drank coffee, and I interviewed her. Well, lots of stuff off the record but we had a great time. The interview will be in the Winter issue of Interweave Knits.

I'm very glad Kristin is back designing. Her influence has been sorely missed. So those of you going to Stitches East this fall can see her because she'll be doing a talk, I believe. And hopefully her new book, Kristin Knits, will be available there.

Open Mic Thursday
Haven't had much time to think about this but I did come up with one topic. The people at the knitting mags do read this blog. I know that to be true. So here's your chance to spout off.

What do the knitting magazines need to do to keep you buying them?

Say what you will. Having been an editor myself, I know that it's important to keep in touch with your readers. However, not always easy to get an honest opinion from them if you meet them face-to-face.

Blog Anniversary
Thank you all for your Happy Anny wishes. I would like to say that only one reader, Victoria, got the question about "rare and handy" correct. It does indeed come from Weebl and Bob, a wonderfully weird animated series done by a British artist, Jonti. Google it because I'm too tired to do the link. However, there are now about 200 episodes, so I would suggest you begin with the first one.

Weebl and Bob are very rare and handy. And so is sleep, so I'm off to bed. More this weekend, I promise.

No comments: