Sunday, January 26, 2003

Best Quote I Heard All Day
A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.--Ingrid Bergman

I'm speechless...

Return of the Native from WB
Shopping trip next weekend, hopefully. If not, for sure the following weekend--now, not only are we dressing up BUT Achim says it's not to buy a car AND we will definitely have a glass of Champagne. We drove from WB on Saturday so he could meet the family. And the family loved him. I knew they all would. As Bette Davis said, "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride."

Well, not bumpy perhaps...but infinitely rare!

Knitting Stuff
Did exactly one-half of a row on the Pickpocket Tunic in WB. Now that I'm home and Achim is off to Cleveland for five days of BS training, I realized that my sock wardrobe is getting slim. So a quicky pair of socks is in order, with more Regia Stretch in another variegated. Incidentally, my original pair of Regia Stretch socks, now washed millions of times, have held up extraordinarily well and look brand-new. Try this stuff. It's good. Better than good. I also have some Regia Stretch in an off-white that are destined for an Aran-ish design.

I had about 300 listish (or is that "listless"?) e-mails that I skimmed this afternoon quickly. There wasn't anything remotely interesting. Nothing. Not even anything totally inane, with the exception of recycled threads such as Left-Handed Knitting, the usual quota of FO listathons, Kitchener Stitch Angst, and so on.

I must be tired.

So I'm going to knit.

Be rare...be handy!

No comments: