Wednesday, April 16, 2003

Best Quote I Heard All Day
"Ninety percent of everything is crap."--Theodore Sturgeon

Oh yeah. I'm back.

My complete medical history can be read within any random post on the KList...

And Still Crabby
Of course I am. Now when you don't feel well and you pick up the Winter 2003 issue of Knitter's, which you thought you'd thrown away...

AND

you need something to eyeball whilst eating your tuna sandwich...

there's nothing more irritating than reading the blurb-o-rama for the Kimono Wrap that says "It looks great with a flowing batik skirt on a 20--year-old and equally beautiful with a narrow gray skirt and pearls on someone 30 years older."

Excuse me? Hold on just one fucking moment. You talkin' to me, Rick? Pearls? Narrow gray skirt? Shall I throw away MY flowing batik skirt?

Is this age discrimination? Or just another glimpse into Knitter's taking aim at their perceived market? Or both? And how old is Mondragon? 35? Old enough to be my son, I suppose. Not that I'd ever claim maternity on that one.

Well, I wouldn't make the jacket, let alone wear it with a flowing batik skirt. And I wouldn't wear pearls either.

QAL Progress
I may beat my own speed record on this one and actually finish AS's Queen Anne's Lace in less than 2 years. Already got about 13" of the body done. When I feel better, I'll take a picture of it. I'm beginning to realize at this point in my knitting career that I truly prefer to do Fair Isles above all other types of knitting. And the more colors, the better. If it doesn't have at least 10, I don't want to do it. This sweater is so much more subtlely colored that it appears to be in the picture. Starmore is such a genius with symmetry and color.

And now it's time to go knit and wait for Achim to call, I hope. He'll be home either this weekend or next. I miss my rare German man terribly.

And he's so damned handy. Heh.

No comments: