Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Best Quote I Heard All Day
"Imagine what it would be like if TV actually were good. It would be the end of everything we know."--Marvin Minksy

All Saddam, all the time...I'm watching baseball, myself. And that's my way of coping.

And the Winner is...
Those astute readers who guessed that the KnitList post was the real McCoy were correct...it is actually a combination of two separate posts that I thought went beautifully together. The e-mail address may or may not be real.

I'm betting it is.

FO!FO!FO!FO!HAPPYDANCEHAPPYDANCE
Oh shut the fuck up.

I did finish Achim's gansey but now he's being shipped to Korea next Monday for two weeks. He's pissed. I'm pissed.

Tired and Cranky
I am, indeed. Too much work, not enough knitting. Although I did start Queen Anne's Lace, which yarn Elly gave me a year ago when she decided she'd had enough Starmore to last her. After I finished fucking up the first row--don't do this at home, kids--and ripping half of it out, I have continued on to the 3rd row. Given my track record with Starmores, I should have this completed in April 2006, just in time for my 56th birthday and admittance to the Home for the Criminally Sarcastic.

I'll torture you with pictures of row after agonizing row.

Promise.

I'm really feeling evil tonight. So who can I skewer with my multi-barbed tongue?

Random Inanities from the KL
Whomever was looking for a guage-o-knit, please contact me off-list.
And don't you know, she's dying with Kool-Aid...or perhaps Wilton's icing dye?

several years ago we went to Disneyworld and I made a lot of - this is going
to sound so weird - dishcloths. I had brought a few knitting necessities with
the idea I'd be making _something_, and then we found a Wal-Mart close by (at
that time, there were no Wal-Marts near us in MA, if you can believe that, so
this was a complete novelty) with lovely Peaches and Cream cotton. Aha!
inspiration! I made dishcloths for the nice ladies who cleaned our room, gave
away dishcloths to inquirers, made a pile for my mother-in-law, even had some
to take home.


There's some confused Disney hotel staff and some equally bewildered "inquirers" clutching stringy garter stitch squares and wondering, "What the fuck?" What her mother-in-law had to say about the "pile" can only be imagined.

AHA! Three hoorays for the run-on sentence...

In the fall of 2001 I printed out a scarf pattern memoralizing the
Twin Towers. Now that I have the time and the yarn I can't find the
pattern - can anyone help?


A truly fitting memorial to 3,000+ lost. Does the pattern come with matching Pentagon sockies?

OK, I've been snotty enough. Time to go to bed and wake up tomorrow less acerbic.

As if that would happen. How rare!

No comments: