Sunday, July 27, 2003

Best Quote I Heard All Day
"I have an existential map; it has 'you are here' written all over it."
--Steven Wright


I was in Allentown, PA today...with the Mystery Man. Oh all right, his name is Michael. I'll stop with the coyness, it doesn't suit.

But trouble's a-brewing...if you know what I mean and I think you do.

Far and away better than the German, that's all I'll say. In fact, it's an insult to compare Michael with him. There is NO comparison.

I do learn, you know.

Blog This, Knit List
Oh Christ. The discussion about blogging continued unabated on the KList, finally stopping with today's posts. They really don't understand that writing a blog is NOT akin to putting up your lacy tablecloth pics on PictureTrail.

Writing a journal about your knitting is fine--but I suspect that few of the Klisters who attempt it will be able to sustain it. Trust me, it's hard enough for me to come up with two posts a week and keep us all interested.

I grant you, I have an advantage over the KnitDweebs insofar as I have written and edited professionally for a long time. Plus, it never entered my mind to write a journal about my projects. Jesus, we'd all be snoring, as fast as I get stuff done.

I'd far rather make snotty comments and spew my opinions than tell you about my every little dropped stitch.

Having said that, here's the crib sheet I wrote up on the Forest Path Stole. Read it, use it, don't fuck it up, as I say. I will put it on the Freebies page when I have the time. It is a .pdf file, which means you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it or print it.

Can you handle that? Sure you can.

More Than 102,000 Served
Served with what, I cannot say. But I noticed today that the page counter is now past 102,000.

Fuck the happy dance, if I'd charged everyone admission to the blog, maybe I'd be financially solvent. Or at least, you could have paid for my yarn. Heh.

A dollah-three-eighty a read? Rare and handy and extremely unlikely.

No comments: