Sunday, July 20, 2003

Best Quote I Heard All Day
"Ooh, a wed wose. How womantic."
--Lili von Schtupp, Blazing Saddles


God, I love this character. I know. Twice in a row, WTF wid dat? Bite me. It's my blog.

Floral Arrangements
Having finished my summer sock extravaganza, I'm really crunching on the Forest Path Stole. Probably against my better judgement (although I did poll friends and decided what the fuck), I will put up a picture of the FPS (that's what Kathy calls it, although I'm thinking it sounds like a vaginal deodorant or some mysterious disease).

I will, of course, run the risk of being attacked by KnitDweebs who are knitting this. If you ask a thoughtful question, I'll be happy to answer. If you don't know WTF you're doing, find another project.

(Blogger is pissing me off tonight. I wrote a whole dealie on the FPS and it didn't get published...and I lost it. Fuck me. So here I go again, probably a bit shorter than the original. It's fucking past 11 p.m. and I lost an hour's worth of writing. So bite me twice, I'm crabby.)



Anyway, here's the shit I wrote before, more or less.

:: Don't do the fucking stole if you're a beginner. It's not for beginners. If you don't know either entrelac or lace, don't think you're going to learn on this.

:: The instructions are correct. If you've fucked up, it's your fault.

If I feel like it, I might write up a quick bit about how I've handled certain aspects and post it as a .pdf later this week, maybe sink the picture I have into the .pdf as well. I have written about my hints in the Comments somewhere but I forget on what date.

Caveat Idiots
Beware of sock knitting wenches posting their fabu 64-stitch fingering weight basic sock patterns to the Socknitters list. You get what you pay for, kids. The wench, in all her yippee wenchiness, forgot a few minor details because she was more interested in wowing the list with her bravura writing, to wit:

:: Gauge
:: Sizes (I guess one size fits all feets)
:: Foot measurements (well, if there ain't no sizes, I guess her directions to knit the foot until it's 2" short of the toe will really help the blind followers)

There was no tremendous e-applause upon publication. Um, gee, wonder why.

Nothing like re-inventing the fucking wheel.

And with that, I pray that Blogger is going to be rare and handy and publish this fucking thing.

Oh yay. I just realized I wrote the F word numerous times. Tells you what kind of mood I'm in.

No comments: