Monday, February 06, 2006

Best Quote I Heard All Day
I'd rather be dead than singing "Satisfaction" when I'm forty-five.--Mick Jagger


There's nothing like a few bucks to make a dead man come.

ABC did censor him--twice. But I guess it's just fine to sing "Satisfaction" when you're 62 as long as the money keeps rolling in. He moved damned good for a senior citizen.

I saw the Stones in 1964 at the old Academy of Music on 14th St. in New York. Tickets were $5, if memory serves. They were amazing then and they are amazing now, despite a lot of crap records over the years.

Best Stones album: Exile on Main St.

In With the In Crowd
I don't usually go along with blogging fads but I couldn't resist this one:


I'm not quite sure what this is supposed to prove but it does include expletives. The essence of moi?

Working with the Gossamer Merino
As Jean surmised, I was a bit taken aback by the fineness of the gossamer merino. However, Friday afternoon I took a pair of #0 dps and knit a swatch from the yarn and the chart provided by Sharon Miller.

No big deal at all.



Mind you, I am not going to block this. Sharon gives you different yarns to try out and the real swatch for the Wedding Ring shawl will be done later this spring, probably. I may fiddle with the sample of gossamer silk that she sent. However, I've bought the gossamer merino and I like the way it knits.

It's amazing how fast brain and fingers can switch from knitting one weight and adjust for another.

I've done some work on the Melanie and it's coming along well. I should have enough done by Wednesday to take a decent picture.

Blogger Issues
Blogger had some weekend problems with outages. Just so you know. According to them, they've been fixed. I have my doubts since earlier this morning I couldn't save my text as a draft.

But who am I to complain? Freebie blog publishing is not so rare but eminently handy.

No comments: