Sunday, September 14, 2003

Best Quote I Heard All Day
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. --John Erskine

Do you hear Bonnie Raitt? I modified my code so that all browsers can pick up the sound clips I play. Let me know if you can't hear it. Of course, make sure you have speakers and that the sound is on. I don't need to say that.

Don't like Bonnie? Don't like music? Just wait...I found a shitload of favorites last night: Emmy Lou Harris, Dixie Chicks, Patsy Cline, just for starters. And I like lots of different kinds of music.

This song is one of my favorites. Live with it. I think it's sexy as hell.

Poll Results
Well, that was an interesting experiment in human nature. Who among us can resist answering a poll? Or taking a stupid online personality test?

So here are the final results.

118 votes total
1. Yeah, why the fuck not? 40% 47 votes
2. No. What, are you nuts? 16% 19 votes
3. You talkin' to me? 13% 15 votes
4. Only if KnitDweebs are banned. 19% 22 votes
5. Only if you promise to remove the poll and its annoying popups 13% 15 votes

Since I manage all the electronic surveys at TCI, this smacks a little too much of work.

However, if you go to Talking Heads in the nav menu up top, you'll find the room. Read the rules. Don't ask me anything in the Comments. I presume you all read to a 9th grade level. I will take suggestions for a set time. Let's remember that we don't all live on the US East Coast, OK?

I may live to regret this.


Another Simple, Stupid Acronym
Make of that what you will.

Do I have nothing better to do at 7 a.m. on a Sunday than read the Knit U list?

Pure D habit, and I needed to clean out my mail folders.

Here's a new one, for those who are knitting acronym collectors. If I didn't think the X-Men would sue me for stealing their proprietary material that they steal from their list members, I'd print the whole post verbatim. It's a gem.

S.A.B.L.E.
Which stands for "Stash Accrual Beyond Life Expectancy."

I expect this to take off. Look for it in the next issue of Knitter's. And on a LIKLY. That's a Local Idiotic Knit List near You.

I'm leaving my stash to Loopy, Joe, and Kathy. That's all there is to it. They'll just have to fight over it. But Loop can have all my Campion. Unless Michael wishes to learn how to knit. Which I doubt. He'd have to teach me how to play steel guitar. Which I doubt.

Truckin'
Time's getting short, campers. I have a mere 8 days to moving, which is why I'm writing this so fucking early in the morning. I will try to post one more time on Thursday but after that, it's anyone's guess. There will probably be close to a week's gap thereafter.

Just so you know.

La Contesta del Jose
This is the last day you can enter QueerJoe's Blogathon writing contest, so enter early and often. I expect it will be tough for me to select the winner but I will give all entries my gimlet editorial eye and I'm looking forward to it.

Plenty of rare and handy writers floating around the ether.

No comments: