Thursday, March 06, 2003

Best Quote I Heard All Day
"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater, suggest that he wear a tail."--Fran Lebowitz

Another knitting project I never understood...but then, I own a cat.

Knitblogs Over There
So my newest web-surfing challenge is to find knitblogs written in other languages. My theory is, albeit probably flawed, that there's lots of knitters overseas who are blogging. I can read German and French, so I started there. Now I'm thinking I'd like to collect some of these URLs and see how many and of what nationality I can find.

Here's two German links: Spinnfloh and ClaudiPi**2s Strickbücher-Kiste. Even if you can't remember the difference between die and das from your high school German, you'll get the drift. And you can look at the pictures. The German word for "knitting" is stricken, by the way.

Strickliesl is a mailing list home page--it's probably not unlike the Knit List. Can anyone translate KnitDweebs into German? How about Strickenidiots? I'll have to ask Achim. He's pretty good with the epithets in either language.

The Germans have a Handarbeit ring (Handwork) so when I have more time, I'll take a tour. You can find the ring's link on Strickliesl.

And here's the French one I found: au fil des aiguilles. I didn't have as much luck with the French. But I will continue my search.

If anyone finds anything good, let me know. It would seem that there's a lot of sockmaking going on, in the usual stuff.

When my German gets better, I'm going to start a blog called The Teutonic Titwillow. Anyone who knows from what movie that comes and what character was named The Teutonic Titwillow gets my undying respect.

It's been a long week at work and I'm definitely feeling unrare and unhandy.

Time to work on Achim's gansey. Pictures on the blog this weekend. I'm halfway up the back.

Oh, one last thing...for all the KnitDweebs:

No comments: