Sunday, March 02, 2003

Best Quote(s) I Heard All Day

"They have Easter egg hunts in Philadelphia, and if the kids don't find the eggs, they get booed."--Bob Uecker
"New Jersey needs a hero. Bon Jovi does not count."--Kurt Angle, Gold Medal Olympic Wrestler

In keeping with the comments from the last post...these were too good not to publish.

The Cheesy Steeks and Jersey Girls + 1 Guy
How we all got from discussing my Thursday post to this is beyond me. But it's one of the reasons I so enjoy doing my blog. For those readers who are now totally confused, please read the Thursday comments.

Since Achim lives in Philadelphia, could I claim membership in both groups? I haven't been to Rosie's yet but he's home on the 28th...if I pester him enough, perhaps we could swing by on the Saturday.

Annie and Me
Getting together with Annie Modesitt on Friday was just so good. Annie's working on a fantastic yoked sweater that I would most definitely make. It has all the usual Annie-nifty details. Now let's hope that some idiot editor doesn't screw it up, as has happened in the past.

If you have a chance to meet your online knitting friends, it's almost always worth it. I've met Loopy, Annie, Staceyjoy, Jen Tocker, and a few others. I'd love to meet more people. I really am a people-person, despite my crankiness.

The crankiness is still there but I think perhaps tempered by my general looniness.

Knitty's Coming...Soon, Baby!
I'm really excited about this because I have an article and a design in this issue. And I've seen the other articles and designs. You're going to like this issue, I think.

Wanna Buy a House?
You can have mine for $350K, located in beautiful Budd Lake (or Butt Lick, as it's known). Three bedrooms, LR, DR, 2.5 baths, whirlpool bath in master bedroom, built-in vacuum, deck, 2-car garage, A/C, wooded lot with wetlands in back, cathedral ceilings, etc. Yarn not included.

The next 2 months are going to be insane. I have to rummage through the stash and get rid of a lot of junk. And God knows, I have junk yarn. I'm donating it to the local nursing home. Sheesh, I hope that if I ever have to go to the old age hut, that they'll give me something decent to knit with.

Achim's Gansey
Body is finished, yoke is begun. This is turning out splendiferously. When I've finished the back, I'll put up a photo. I have to have this done by the 28th. I told him I had a surprise for him when he got home and it wasn't any shopping trip but a gift of pure love. (Like he hasn't figured it out, right?) He again does not have access to web or e-mail because his security key got zapped in the airport X-ray, so he won't be reading this.

So he calls me this morning at 6:45 and says, as he has said constantly since I told him about his surprise: "Please what it is? Please tell me. Please, please, please." Such a pest.

Who said Germans don't have a sense of humor?

We Germans are rare and handy folk...and despite our love of potty humor, pretty funny people.

No comments: