Saturday, September 21, 2002

Best Quote I Heard All Day
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Robodopes and KnitDweebs unite!

Latest Pet Peeves Courtesy of KnitDweebs
Why oh why cannot knitters spell the word "gauge" correctly? If I see "guage" one more time, I swear I'm going to have the offender's tiny little brain with some fava beans and a fine Chianti.

And what wid this latest thread on KnitU vis a vis corrugated ribbing that curls? Steam it, morons! It's not like regular ribbing. It doesn't pull in. It CAN be steamed. Or as Loopy suggests, "a cable cast-on with a row of knit is FAR easier than figuring out Meg's
German-Twisted-Up-Your-Ass-And-Around-Your Kneecaps cast on--which may or may not stop curling!"

Too true. And so friggin' rare!

Leaves of Grass socks
Anyone remember these lace socks that I designed for the 1997 KnitList Christmas Gifts? Well, I'm redoing them in a different yarn, since the original is discontinued and the pattern will be available on the Freebie page anon...or when I get one knitted.

Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
Lately, I seem to have stopped doing the knitting/TV watching combo altogether and now knit listening to either the stereo or the CD player. Here's what I've been knitting to lately:

The Rising, Springsteen--One of the best he's done in a long time. Although "Jersey Girl" is still one of my favorite songs, I must admit that "Lonesome Days" immediately became one song that will remain in my heart. "It's alright, it's alright, it's alright, yeah!" Comforting, that.

La Traviata--Nothing like a dying prostitute and solid Puccini.

Die Zauberflote--Because it's arguably the best opera Mozart wrote. And it's German, nicht war? Danke. Und bite me for being a Teuton.

Road Tested, Bonnie Raitt--I have listened to this CD at least a thousand times and never get tired of it. Ever.

Stevie Ray Vaughn Live at Carnegie Hall--The late SRV was the best Texas has ever offered. And with Double Trouble, he cooks live.

And then there's all the '60s and '70s stuff that I love, plus Talking Heads, Blues Traveller, Dave Matthews Band, Queen, Aerosmith now and then, The Who, now and then, Little Feat, and a plethora of other music.

But I always wanted to ask Keith Richards WTF he was saying at any given time...

How rare indeed!

How unintelligible!

No comments: