Sunday, September 15, 2002

Best Quote I Heard All Day
God is dead. --Nietzsche
Nietzsche is dead. --God


For the intellectuals among us...anyone?

New Stuff on da Blog
A scan of one of the Traveling Wilburys socks that I am working in Regia Stretch Color is up on the Freebies page. Note that the 2/2 ribbing really pulls in. It's why I like this design. I also adjusted the Acrobat .pdf files so that you may now save the file as well as print it out.

The Splendiferous Snotrag is done--and here it is.

Here's how to make it. Not that you'd want to make it...but God only knows who reads this shit. One strand of pink eyelash and one strand of purple all-purpose worsted together, cast on 24 sts, work 4 rows garter st, then continuing with the first and last 4 sts in garter, work in st st, placing cheesy yarn-overs wherever. When long enough...or you're sick of looking at it, work final 3 rows in garter, bind off in garter. Then felt it, if you wish. Give as present to the office bitch.

Yeah. I know. It's a swatch. But you could blow your nose into it...that's about what it's worth. So bite me.

Koigu THIS!
So. OK. I have these 2 skeins of Koigu earmarked for either a pair of Fiesta Feet or Liz Clouthier's Sideways Socks. And with the 2nd Wilbury sock cuff finished and ready for the heel, of course I have a wandering eye. Only the fact that I have to drag out my ballwinder and put the Koigu on my swift stops me from starting another pair of socks.

And I should be working on my own designs, no?

I am feeling distinctly lazy this morning. It may be a good day to do some spinning. Or finish my laundry. Or both.

FCEK You
Well, isn't that what YOU think when you see this acronym?

I always have.

How Handy! How Rare!
Not counting needles, counters, markers, and other instruments of mass destruction, my very favorite knitting tool/gadget/thingie of late has to be my yarn bracelet.

No, I most emphatically do not walk and knit at the same time. No more than I eat and knit, knit while having sex, knit during business meetings, etc. I know where to draw the line.

However, I do like to keep the skein of yarn at hand rather than feeding my knitting from a bag. I find that the yarn bracelet handles a ball of sock yarn just fine and I wish they made the shank longer so it could accommodate larger skeins. Of course, it would be useless if doing color work, unless you had two, one on each wrist.

What's your favorite gadget and why?

Tell me. And make sure it has some use, OK? I don't care about stupid teddy bear point protectors or designer needles. Those are SO stupid, I can't figure out why people waste their money on them. Unless, of course, they are KnitDweebs who whip out their wallets at the mere mention of knitting.

Put a picture of a skein of yarn on a plastic garbage bag, charge $45.99 and call it a designer knitting bag and they'll buy it. They'll buy two.

Spare me.

No comments: