Tuesday, August 20, 2002

Best Quote I've Heard All Day Give me ambiguity or give me something else. Boy, see rant below. Ain't that the story of my life.

Tale of Two Guys
This is non-knitting stuff but I have to kvetch. WHAT IS WITH GUYS??? Sorry, didn't mean to shout. Ever since I got back into dating last April, I keep meeting guys who don't know WTF they want. One says he loves me and always has (we're talking 20 years here) and then can't decide what he wants to do about it. So fine. He goes off on the road. I don't bother with him for 2 months. Figure, that's that. I can't deal with indecision. The next one, really neat, wants someone to live 5 minutes away from him AND should knock him off his feet immediately. I don't fit into those two, never mind that we share a ton of stuff in common, more than Guy #1, and had lots of fun together. Both of these guys are intelligent, sexy, fun to be with and don't get it that I don't wanna marry them, fercrissakes. Sheesh.

I'm going through this major "WTF is wrong with me" ever since Guy #2. Here I've lost 65 lbs., colored my hair honey blonde because I was tired of looking like Barbara Bush, I'm not too dumb and have a lot of interests, easy to be with. So what wrong wid dat?
Here's the old me:

And here's the new me:


Sigh. I promise knitting content later, when I've stopped being irked at these two. But there's always the computer consultant who asked me out to dinner and an art director who lives the town over who has potential...girls just wanna have fu-un! Even at 52.

No comments: