Monday, August 26, 2002

Best Quote I've Heard All Day
Women who seek to be equal to men lack ambition.

Never let it be said that I'm not ambitious...

Hand/Neck Stuff
This has been a suck-awful day...went to the orthopedist for the MRI reading. A disk in my neck is herniated, which is causing the numbness in my left hand. Now I have to see a spine expert but not until September 19 :-( Hurry up and wait. The orthopedist thinks that I'm borderline for surgery. And reassured me that this surgery would not be as bad as my back surgery of 21 years ago. Yeah, right. Well, we'll see...he didn't say to stop knitting though. But I'm really missing my Jimmy right about now. It's not fun being a widow, believe me. Give your DH or SO a big kiss tonight and don't forget to say, "I love you."

Rip It Out...Rip It All Out
Frogged the better part of my Lucy In The Sky socks this morning at about 6 a.m. because, shucky darns, I'm using cotton Fortissima and the gauge wasn't what I had done in the swatch originally. Might be my left hand, although I doubt it. This sock starts with a ruffle for a cuff--which seemed fine, gauge-wise. But the leg of the sock is this little smocking sort of stitch, where you K2, yo, K2, pass yo over the K2 every other round. (You shift 4 sts over on the second smocking round so that the little passed-over yos are staggered and look like faux-smocking. This is from BW's 3rd Treasury, one of the uncharted ones in the back of the book.) Time to recalculate pattern. But the ruffle can stay as is.

Stuff I Did Buy in NYC
Some glitter crap eyelash that I'll use for the cuffs of the Elvis (The Vegas Years) socks. Black with pink and aqua lurid lashy things--Trendsetter Metal. Perfect! The rest will be Dale Baby Ull in black, aqua and pink...I'm thinking thunderbolts and TCBs. Of course, I suppose I should make them FAT socks, with maybe little Fair Isle bacon and peanut butter sandwiches.

I figure, Elvis (The Sun Session Years) will be next. Any ideas? Maybe a socky rendition of Heartbreak Hotel or Jailhouse Rock? And then of course, there could be Elvis (The GI/Priscilla Years). Too rare!

I could take this Rock and Roll sock thing way over the edge...but as Bonnie Raitt once sang, "only the truly twisted know so well."

No comments: