Saturday, August 24, 2002

Best Quote I've Heard All Day
Which is worse: Ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
What everyone says at work these days...with an air of insouciance.


NYC KnitBloggers Tour de Shops, Part I or Feets Don't Fail Me Now!
Just back from humid, drippy NYC where I met Jen Tocker, Ivete Tecedor, Liz Hiraldo, and Betsy Edelstein. I'll do more tomorrow on this, when I get my pictures back of us feeling up fibers. Stopped at Red Lipstick and met Stacey too. A totally fab-o-rama time!

Sweaters From Camp
Got a look-see today. I have to own this book. Great technical section on Fair Isle up front, plenty of unbelievable FI garments. With 39 designs and $40 for the book, I'd say this is well worth the steep price. I mean, it's basically a buck a pattern plus the info. Can't beat that. Of course, if you're not into Fair Isle, don't buy it. If you want to learn, you need this book.

Don't Fuck Around and Code After Walking 150 NYC Blocks
Jeez Louise, I should know better...those of you who DIY KNOW what I mean. Little > signs showing up because you forgot to close the tag, etc. Not clicking Publish. Lost in endless lines of code, code, CODE. Anyway, finally started adding my blogreads...and yes, there are baseball blogs and links that I go to because, um, knitting isn't my only interest. Music, baseball, history, and a bunch of other things. Ah me...so many interests and I have to work for a living too. Shit on a stick.

Hasta lumbago. I'm off to have a cup of caffeine (it's how I've lost 65 lbs...drink coffee, don't eat much). How rare!

No comments: