Wednesday, August 21, 2002

Best Quote I've Heard All Day
Real women don't have hot flashes, they have power surges

For the perimenopausal babe in all of us...

Eco-Knitting
At the risk of bordering on the gross...which doesn't bother Loopy and me, but may offend some of our more "delicate" sisters, it behooves me to pass along whatever creative thoughts might strike my strained brain. My motto: Offendere utque instructare. I know...no one takes Latin any more. I had three years of it in high school.

Loop found a site that may contain the seeds of a knitting project guaranteed to outdo the knitted Swiffer cover. Yes, gang, it's Eco-Knitting time. You like those natural tampax? I know I was always concerned about TSS, myself, when I needed to worry about it . Well, Loop, in her continuing search for exotic (and cheap) fibers, THOUGHT she was stumbling upon some new, nifty resource for yarn...and found Eco-Yarns. I was thinking we could plant a thread on one of the lists...with a free pattern on how to knit your own plugs from cotton. I figure, you could use something like Cotton Classic, double it, and work some I-cord on 11s for, um, maybe 4", leave a long tail.

Remember, you saw it here first, before it hit the lists.
How handy!

No comments: