Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Best Quote I've Heard All Day
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?

And the other day, I told our youthful but clueless VP of Marketing that I eat little boys like him for dinner...and I do.

Stitches East
OK, it's never too early to start talking about this. Who's going? When? I'm going probably both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday to see and schmooze, Sunday I take ElderKnitterMom Elly on a rampage through the Market...having scoped it out the day before. Elly plans on buying Noro...my bet is on Spring Garden. I want some. I want it all. Gimme.

Blocking for Blockheads
Well, it works as a headline. Liz, I promise I will write something on blocking. It's a subject that is seemingly controversial. Some people block alla time, some people block some of the time, there's different ways to block for different fibers, garment architectures, and so on. But it's after 11, so I'll maybe do this tomorrow.

The KC's Shit to Knit Award
So what's the absolute worst yarn you've ever worked with? Give me your thoughts...I have to say, I truly hated the Philosopher's Wool that I suckered myself into buying. Not only were the pattern directions dreadfully written, but the wool was second cousin to Brillo. Loopy will attest to that, having been suckered herself at about the same time, several years ago. So Loop, you have to come up with something other than PW...the rest of you have your own faves, I'm sure.

And so to bed, with the expectation of 28 lbs. of fluffy, ginger-tabbyish Milo walking on my back at 3 a.m. How handy! How annoying.

No comments: